We’re looking for you! Come to work with us!
Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) Specialist (Part-Time, 30 hours per week)
A Great Way to Start or Change a Career or to Gain Experience
As founded in 1995, the Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services Center (DHHSC) is a non-profit organization serving individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, late-deafened, deafblind and speech challenged consumers in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
We are looking for a professional who has:
- Two years or more of college education in social work, deaf studies, rehabilitation, human services, or a related field
- Ability to communicate, using American Sign Language and writing effectively
- Knowledge of deaf culture and access issues for the deaf, hard of hearing, and deafblind individuals with varying degrees of hearing loss
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- A personal car for community events, training, consumer appointments when needed
- Be able to lift up to 25 pounds
The DHH Specialist will:
- Proficiently use email, calendar functions, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office 365
- Have presentations or meetings via Zoom or Google Meet
- Demonstrate the use of specialized technology including relay services and assistive devices
- Assess the needs of consumers for communication through the specialized technology
- Deliver, install, provide device training, and troubleshoot
- Prepare monthly reports and other narratives as required by the DHHSC Executive Director and Virginia Department for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Cities of Charlottesville and Danville, and Counties of Albemarle, Appomattox, Buckingham, Campbell, Charlotte, Cumberland, Fluvanna, Halifax, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, Pittsylvania, and Prince Edward
Resumes accepted until positions filled. Email resume to email@example.com.
For more information about DHHSC, see www.deafhh.org.